Monday, July 4, 2011

Gene's Surprise

This past week, Kev decided he would drive up to Iowa to be with is dad for some testing and to provide some company for him since he's been lonely.  Although I offered he could take the van and I'd endure the truck for a week, Copperfield Automotive assured him his truck with over 100,000 miles was good to go!  I decided to spend all Friday cooking meals and freezing them for Gene.  I made muffins, rolls, cookies, and 6 meals split into 3-4 separate meals each.  The cooler was full!

Kev took off at 3 AM Saturday morning and arrived in Postville at 9 PM.  Gene was beaming when he saw all the food.  Both his freezers were completely empty and now they are completely full! 

So, although I had to stay back to get Kole to baseball and get some things done (as this is my only week I don't have a class or 2 to attend--although I am on a waiting list to attend one!), I felt like I was able to cheer Gene up and help in some way.  It felt good pulling off that surprise!

No comments: