Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Break, Part 1

Seriously, DEC 16 was the last time I blogged.  WOW--I had no idea I was that far behind.  There's no way I can play catch-up, so I'll just begin with now!

Spring Break 2013 began a couple weeks ago when we were trying to plan a surprise by Kevin and Kylie up north.  As much as all of us wanted to be part of the surprise, Kole had baseball obligations and he needed to keep true to them.  The plan all fell into place and Kylie and Kevin took off at 4:00 AM Friday.  They stayed in Des Moines with Becky on FRI.  SAT Kev proceeded to Postville and Becky took Ky to Dubuque.  Although I know they are enjoying the visit, looking forward to them arriving back home WED night at 11:30.

Friday night while they were finishing up their drive, Kole was at a baseball game and I was at a visitation for our head custodian who had died of a heart attack at home the weekend before.  "Sir Charles" as I greeted him every morning at 6:00 will surely be missed.  He was at that school when I taught there.  He lived the Fiest mission statement:  Absolutely, Positively, Kids First!  He was a great mentor to several students.

Saturday Kole returned to the ball park while I dug through my school bag and tried to knock some of that out of the way!  Saturday night Jordan spent the night.

Sunday morning we were up early and on the road for a UT baseball game.  As much as I wanted to wear maroon for all the times Kole terrorized Ky at A&M, I was nice.  I thought I dressed warm enough, but was way off!  OMG--it was so windy and cold.  Even the boys were cold.  We ended up leaving after the 7th when we felt confident the Longhorns didn't need our support any more.  Per Andrea's (Bilsten/Pratt) recommendation, we went to Hopdoddy to eat.  At 3:15 there was a 30 minute wait for a table, but it was worth it.  Nummy burgers with a sign saying they got some of their meat from a ranch in Iowa.  Never really thought of Iowa as having ranches!  We were back home by 7:00.

Monday was a day of appointments for Kole--dermatologist, dentist, and orthodontist.  Good reports from all; however, it was a day Kole didn't appreciate.  He then went to practice from 6:30-10:00 and then went out to eat with a friend.  Once he got home at 10:45, I went to bed and set my alarm for 1:20 AM as Barb's flight was delayed.  Picker her up at 2:05 and was back in bed by 2:45.

This morning I enjoyed sleeping in until 9:00, started my 4th book Gone Girl, went for a run in the sun, and went out for a late lunch/early dinner with Kole before he was at the ballfield by 4:30.  I then finished up my school work (just a little to look at SUN night) and am enjoying a glass of wine while I read waiting for Kole to get home.

Wonder what part II of Spring Break will hold?


No comments: