Sunday, August 14, 2011

Corduroy

My teacher-friends who know me well (especially my KGN friends) know how much I despise the story Corduroy by Don Freeman.  It is well-loved by many, but I just can't get into it.  The thought of reading it numerous times to a class of five year olds makes me nautious!  For those who don't know the story, it's about a stuffed bear who loses a button while he's in the laundromat.  BORING!!!

Well, this weekend, I was somewhat living the Corduroy story.  A few blogs ago I wrote about my challenges of getting a new button sewn on a jacket of mine and the troubles that went with that.  Not the right button means improvise with something close!  And although I love the jacket, I have yet to wear it with a button sewn on--maybe it's because it is 100+ degrees and who needs a jacket or maybe it's because even though no one will ever see the mis-match, it still bothers me!

Just a few minutes ago, I'm cleaning out my pencil case in my bag and what do I see--YES, the missing button!  Although I am as happy as Corduroy, I still don't like that book!

No comments: