Although bummer news about my knee on Friday, it ended up being a great day! When I got home, I started and finished all but one load of laundry, and got groceries bought for the week. Our typical "who can get to the couch and stay there the longest" didn't happen. I wanted to see if I could get most of my SAT stuff done on FRI night so it would feel like I'd have a weekend. Although I was extremely tired, it was like any other day coming home from work--more work to do! I hope I can stick to this plan because it was a good feeling when I woke up Saturday and all that was done. Plus--hardly anyone shops in HEB at 8:30 PM on a FRI--nice!
Saturday I was up early to get the guys off to baseball and run a few quick errands before we left for Cedar Park. After baseball showers we headed to Cedar Park to help celebrate Peyton's first birthday. It was such a role reversal to see Ky toting Peyton around when 17 years earlier it was Andrea toting Ky around. Where have the last 17 years gone? When Andrea babysat for us, one of her favorite things I'd have for her were scotcheroos. So, we had fun surprising her with a pan of scotcheroos also.
We left Cedar Park about 4:30 to head back to H-town for a 40th surprise bday party. It was fun seeing Anne and meeting all her friends and family.
Scholarship Saturday was all about reading up on college scholarships on the way to and from Cedar Park. This SR year is going to be quite a year!
I need to spend my SUN getting ready for a training I'm doing at a campus all day MON and TUES. I need to re-oganize some parts of presentations and go through my school bag getting that organized. It was an awesome week at work and looking forward to week 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment