Friday, July 23, 2010

Houston Dog Show or County Fair?

We went to the Houston Dog Show today. We enjoyed seeing all the different dogs and watching them get "foo-fooed" up by groomers. We watched agility races, flyball, frisbee & dance competitions, along with obedience training. Kevin has fallen back in love with Golden Retrievers and also likes the Cocker Spaniels. Kole just would like a second dog. NONE came home with us!

I couldn't help but remember my times walking through the cattle barns at the fairs back in Iowa while at the dog show. Instead of kids with their calves, it was adults with their dogs. "Camping Out" was the same. I do think the smell at the dog show was doable, although can't say the same about cow barns!

Dogs are soooo smart and loyal. It's hard to imagine us ever having a home without a dog. God and dog have the same letters--I wonder if there's any meaning behind that?

No comments: