Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stubborn as a Norwegian?

Well my Grandpa Overland was probably smiling very big in heaven this afternoon watching how stubborn both Kylie and I could be. We were both excited to find my best friend Tina had started a blog--actually 2 blogs! We were wanting to leave comments for her and realized since we'd switched templates people couldn't comment on ours either. So...we were messing around with getting that resolved. Somehow, Kylie had "temporarily" lost her template she loved. (Although temporarily felt like the longest hour of our lives!) I suggested maybe the site was down and to just put it a way for a few hours, coming back to it when she needed a brain break. No....she persisted for an hour, until together through all the google searches, she figured it out. Trust me--the guys are lucky they were still at basketball practice!

Each day I realize just how much more Kylie is like me (OK, she's probably gasping at this thought right now!). Good is never good enough, unless it's perfect. Driving to KSBJ is such a good feeling. I WILL figure this out no matter what attitude!--and that's why my Grandpa is probably laughing. He was a very proud Norwegian, yet stubborn enough to not admit he was stubborn! Yes, even at 44 one can be stubborn--I said I wouldn't get a Facebook page until after grad school and I WON'T--How's that for stubborn as a Norwegian!

1 comment:

Kylie Jene... said...

I am NOT stubborn. I am just a perfectionist and it bothers me when things are wrong and not perfect. Hints why I spent HOW LONG trying to fix it instead of doing homework?

Perfectionist. Not stubborn.

Although maybe I'm being stubborn about not being stubborn?

Love always, Kylie Jene