It is my duty to blog each day! I was getting ready for bed and then it hit me, I still needed to blog!
See, duty is doing the things that need to be done. I should find "joy" in doing what I do day in and day out. For the most part, aside from keeping the kitchen clean, I do find joy in my duties each day. It was funny, that at the beginning of the school year, I thought I'd dread bus DUTY; however, it's actually one of my most favorite times of the day. Each morning I get to greet the students who exit the bus and wish them a Marvelous Monday, like today. And then each afternoon, I get to wish them a safe journey home. I love seeing their smiling faces. And if I don't see a smile, I stop them to figure out why.
But I also think about duties that I haven't been so diligent about. Wondering how I can be more purposeful with them. Exercise was one duty that I wasn't DUTIFUL with--now I can't get enough of it! Right now, I still have 900 calories to eat before I go to bed due to my exercise. Hopefully, by me creating this blogging challenge, I can make that a DUTY again, because I do enjoy it. The one DUTY I wish I could do daily, rather than just on the weekends is read. I love to read, both for pleasure and professionally. It seems my "busy brain" keeps me from that during the week though. I need to work on making that a DUTY!
So, after reading this post, YES, DUTY is a good thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment