Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sadness

It seems like 2011 has started off with so much sadness. First, Max is taken from us unexpectedly. Just wasn't prepared for that, but unsure if one ever could be. Then my mom falls and injures her shoulder. Felt helpless being that far away, again sad for her pain. A member from our church dies after battling cancer. I used to work with her at Fiest, so it was extra sad to see her die. Then this morning in church, to see her husband so sad made me extra sad. Just a few weeks ago I learned of a kindergarten teacher in the district who is the kindest person there is has just been diagnosed with a rare type of lung cancer, although her doctor seems optimistic at MD Anderson! Then, this past Friday (why is it things happen on FRI!) I find out that a dear family friend back home whom I've know for as far back as I have a memory was admitted to the hospital to learn he had diabetes. The DRs also discovered a blood clot in his leg that then moved to his heart. He is now fighting for his life. It is so sad. I just can't seem to understand why all this sadness right now...

And now it is May--the final month Kylie will be home with us before she graduates, heads off to camp, and then Aggieland in August. Although I am a little sad, I am very excited for her and her future. She is so ready to conquer the world--I just hope the world is ready for her! I know she is so ready for this next chapter of her life, just wondering if we're ready for her to be gone?

I need to try to take the sadness of 2011 that has hit so many people I care about and try my hardest to put it in the same perspective as Kylie. Max and Brenda had wonderful lives and lived their lives to the fullest--that's happy! Mom and Ann have taken their pain and fought through it, not letting the pain win--that's happy! Cloy has a wonderful wife, 3 beautiful children and their spouses, and grandchildren who have experienced his wonderful laugh and constant smile. If it's God's will to for him to join Max and Brenda in heaven, then he too has lived a great life, although too short.

Even in the midst of sadness, there is so much to be happy for!

No comments: